Saturday, July 20, 2013

mourning shall come

mourning shall come

4/30

Time was fading with the sun. Weeks and months passed without a stirring. Grass twitched between stone fingers that still pointed towards the sky, only now it was in desperation, as with a last dying breath they hoped to reach the sun.

Detail (which is actually only at 33% and a lot sharper on the high res version of this photo):



Thank you to my boyfriend Matt for giving me some critique on this. Considering this was my first miniature composite ever, I'd say I did pretty good.

Here's a behind the scenes instagram photo from the endeavor:



(The bench was what I sat on, the shovel was for digging a hole in the grass to put my hand in)

I think the hardest part with pulling this off was getting the angle of myself to match the height of my fingers, which I don't think I did 100% accurately. (Perhaps I shouldn't have tried something so hard as fingers to experiment with this type of photograph, hah.) But all in all, I'm pretty pleased with the result! It was a lot of fun to come up with, and I'm actually thinking of using other body parts as giant stone figures. We shall see.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment